Saturday, August 3, 2013

Girl Scouts Kids Go Green-Introduction

Welcome to Kids Go Green! My name is Kate Loftus and I am going to be in eighth grade this year at Holland Middle School. I have been a Girl Scout for nine years. Currently I am a Cadette Girl Scout. As part of Girl Scouts you are able to earn awards starting as a Junior Girl Scout and attain a Bronze Award. For that project I sewed 54 pillow cases for patients at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). As a Cadette I am able to earn my Silver Award. To do this you must have an idea in mind and fill out a lot of paper work and submit it for approval. This took me a long time and a lot of revisions before it was finally approved. I have been a member of a green team since fourth grade and want to help you learn how to be more Green in your home and also have a lot of fun through craft projects, activities, songs and role play. I need to have fifty (yes 50!) hours of leadership to earn my award. I have been working with my team of four counselors and my advisors to create everything for you. We have gathered donations, created materials, made PowerPoints, searched the Internet for neat ideas and videos and tried everything you are going to do. Our team of Morgan Gilmer, Dane Gilmer, Sammy Simon and Lauren Linder have been helping me since Spring and will be helping you every day to make this camp fun-ducational! I can't wait for Monday and hope you will have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment